In order to qualify for the self-help housing program, buyers must:
- Qualify as a first-time homebuyer (never owned a home before OR have not owned property in the last three years)
- Earn minimum annual household income of $26,500.00*
- Have an annual household income at or below 80% of the Area Median Income for the county where you will purchase the home (see the charts below)
- Have good or repairable credit
- Have a good landlord history
- Be willing to work a minimum of 600 hours to build your new home
- A limited number of lots have been set aside for clients with incomes over 80% of the median income. These homes have different labor requirements, separate pricing and special financing. Contact the office for details.